Where to stay outside London

My husband and I are coming til London in June, but instead of staying in London we would love to stay outside. Any tips? I have looked at Estelle Manor, but its fully booked for our dates. Any other suggestions?

2 Likes

The Mitre by Hampton Court is a lovely boutique hotel with great food if you want to be near London.

Otherwise some of our favourite hotels are in this piece:

Beaverbrook, Callow Hall, The Retreat at Elcot Park are all up there for me!

2 Likes

I would recommend looking at some beautiful places in Kent, like Boys Hall or Eastwell Manor near Ashford. Alternatively The Pig near Canterbury is meant to be really good too. The commute to London from Kent is also really easy which is a plus :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Thyme hotel is lovely!

1 Like

Have a look at Cowley Manor in the Cotswolds! x

Margate House Hotel has dreamy interiors. Although Margate might not be an obvious choice the food scene around there is great and you’re so close to the seaside, Whitstable (Oyster bar and the Sportsman restaurant) and little day trips here and there. Highly recommend

I stayed at Pendley Manor in Tring a few summers ago and it was lovely. If I close my eyes, I can still hear the haunting howls of the beautiful peacocks :peacock:

The Grove is wonderful

St Albans have some lovely spas which you can stay at, if you are looking for something a bit more luxurious I would recommend the Sopwell House! I live nearby and commute into London daily, its super quick, easy and means you get to enjoy a bit more of the countryside

How about checking out places like Windsor, Oxford, or Cambridge?