Wine trip to Puglia/ Italy

Hi there,

I am planning a wine trip with 10 -12 ladies from my wine group. We decided on Puglia Italy. Does anyone have recommendations on which area we should stay, or has experience in visiting a wine yard there or any other tips?
Thank you <3

2 Likes

There are a couple of suggestions in this interview we ran with food writer Sophie Grigson – who lives in Puglia – last year: In Conversation With… Sophie Grigson | SheerLuxe

Hi!

I went to Puglia for a week with my husband (we got engaged there!) and loved it. We rented a car and travelled around ‘the heel’.

Close to Ostuni we had a fantastic wine tasting follow by a multi-course dinner at Masseria Il Frantoio.

We visited in August and stumbled across a wine tasting event - Mercatino Del Gusto in Maglie - which took place in the town square. You buy a ticket which gets you a wine glass and you visit different stands and there are lots of food stands too

2 Likes

Ostuni is beautiful!

Other areas I loved exploring include Gallipoli – go in the evening to catch the sunset if you can – and Otranto which is quite small but nice to wander round. Lecce old town also has a lovely vibe in the evening.