Work wear tips

Hi Lu! Such a fan of your style and loved that capsule piece you did with the 333 challenge - so elegant and effortless! I would love some tips for workwear similar to that - not v corporate but more formal than jeans. Shoes thoughts would be super helpful too if possible! Thank you x

2 Likes

Hi Cath,
Thank you for your lovely note. For a classic workwear capsule that you can style in multiple ways i would suggest, some tailored trousers - Cos, Arket are amazing on the high st or Vince. A classic shirt - White, Blue, Stripe ( green or red are nice for a bit of interest). A fine merino knit you can wear by itself or act as a layering piece - Massimo Dutti is great for knits like this, camel, navy, black, oatmeal all super useful colours to try and go with everything.
Straight Cut Blazer - The Anine Quinn is an investment but its such a great shape and the perfect amount of oversized that it deosnt swamp you but still feels modern, or & Other stories have some great options. A knitted Dress is also super versatile that you can dress up or down with accesories.
Then for shoes Id suggest, a loafer, a black heeled ankle boot and maybe a flat ballet pump or a heel depending on your work place. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Ahhh Lu this is so so helpful - thank you! And ohh my goodness the blazer is beautiful, definitely going to make the investment. Would you go for it in the black? And quick question on boots - thoughts on round versus square toe? X

Black is such a classis and will go with everything, Camel also looks super expensive. For boots i would go for a point - bit more modern and easy to wear with different trouser lengths.