Yoga Retreat Sri Lanka

Hi all, can anyone recommend a good yoga retreat in Sri Lanka with good teachers ideally with a pool and beach and not too pricey? I am looking to go in April. Thanks so much in advance.

2 Likes

I’ve heard great things about Lanka, which hosts regular yoga retreats in Sri Lanka. Otherwise Marnie Rays is worth a look – they offer surfing and yoga retreats in Portugal, Indonesia & Cornwall etc.

1 Like

I know Upotha is really well rated

Thank you very much. Do you know Sri Lanka and can recommend any places to visit on the south coast (sights, hotels etc)?

and if you have any recommendations how to travel around at the south coast at Sri Lanka sola that would be wonderful? I am planning to do a one week yoga retreat and 5 days on my own but not sure if Uber etc is safe to go with. Thanks so much in advance for your help

I went a few years ago and really loved it - the people, culture, food and landscape are amazing. In the south we went to Weligama, Mirissa and Galle (via Ella) and loved all those spots. Lots of great surfing beaches and boho lunch spots etc. And we hired a private driver on Viator which worked out to be very reasonable and was really safe - have the best time!