Your future with bbc radio london

Hi Jo,
I know how much you don’t like your late night slot and now 1 hour of your Sunday afternoon show has been taken away by another show at 5pm. What’s this all about? Will you renew your contract if your programme slots are not changed to more sociable hours?
Nikki

Ive no idea if I will be offered a contract?
Im always honest about my radio work as its given me the platform that I now enjoy.
However, I feel rather let down because my listeners have trusted me and travelled with me through the pandemic and through all the highs and lows of my life.
I get as much from my listeners as they get from me…and my studio is my safe place .
I have asked constantly why I was taken off the Afternoon Show…i still have no answers…
All I know is that radio is my first love and if i didnt sit behind a mic at least once a week…I would seriously suffer withdrawel.

3 Likes

International Audience - Jo, what can we do to keep you on the radio? And, would you be interested in moving to another radio station ?

1 Like

I love that due to streaming I now have a massive international radio audience…and the irony is…many of you listen to my show at breakfast due to the time difference.
I would love a daytime radio show on any BBC station x

3 Likes

I think that the BBC and the Mayor of London do not recognize your impact. On trips to the U K, we are often guided by information gained from your show and blog. We also recommend your information to others, all over the world and even to friends living in the UK. So, Jo, what could we do short of launching a placard protest at BBC headquarters?

3 Likes

I’d be with you on that! X

1 Like