Next up in the SheerLuxe Book Club… Really Good, Actually by Monica Heisey

There are now five weeks to read the next book – Really Good, Actually by Monica Heisey. Once you’ve finished reading, share your thoughts & reviews in the SL Community with other readers.

At the end of the month, Heather & Georgina will be joined by Monica herself to discuss her bestselling hit & answer all your questions.

If you’ve already read the book, start commenting and ask Monica your questions in the thread below…

7 Likes

So excited for this one! If you’ve already read the book, please share your thoughts and questions for Monica below!

1 Like

Loved this one! Excited for discussions :slight_smile: A brilliant debut novel and laughed out loud at so many parts. Great choice for the SL bookclub!

1 Like

Looks great - have just ordered this now! Also couldn’t help but add Yellowface by Rebecca F Kuang to my basket too.

1 Like

Great to hear!

I still have that one to read too!

If you’ve walked past a Waterstones recently, you’ll have seen Really Good, Actually in the window! On Sunday it entered The Sunday Times bestsellers top ten - let’s keep it there! I’m half way through and love Monica’s style and tone. It’s really pulling me in and I have so many questions for her - I’d love to hear what you’d like to know more about so please post your questions and thoughts as you go…

1 Like

I loved this book so much. I’d be really interested to know if the ex-husband’s eventual response was always the plan… I was on tenterhooks waiting to hear his version, and I wonder if Monica always had that plan for him? Or if she considered other options for the ending

1 Like

Great question, thank you!

I really enjoyed this book – lots of laugh out loud moments. Did Maggie remind anyone else of Marian Keyes’ Rachel? Also, so many relatable moments in the book, particuarly around her social media use and post-break up meltdown!

My question to Monica is: Did you ever consider also writing the story from Jon’s point of view? I would have loved to hear his side of things! Then again, I liked that his character is largely left to the reader’s imagination…

1 Like

Thanks, Sherri – will add to our list of questions for Monica!

1 Like

It is very rare for a book to make me laugh out loud…I loved this book!

1 Like

Just bought it, super excited to read after seeing these comments!

Just ordered it!! I’m new here, can’t wait to start reading it!

1 Like

Amazing! Have you got anything you’d like to ask Monica?

Welcome! Let us know what you think once you’ve read it!

1 Like

I listened to the audiobook version of this a few weeks ago and absolutely LOVED it- it was so raw and funny. So excited to hear the discussion about it!

1 Like

Amazing. I’m loving it too. Any favourite parts?

Millennial Bridget Jones! Everything and nothing has changed in the last 25 years. Same old anxieties but technology has added a whole new level of angst! App dating - what a jungle.
Would love to know the thinking behind leaving out Jon’s side of the story. With the exception of Amy and Merra wasn’t overly keen on Maggie’s friends…

1 Like

Hello, really enjoying your book reviews and podcast.i have asked numerous times, how an author goes about getting a book reviewed and on podcast agenda? The phenomenal book is @findingangels by Paris Christofides?
Thank you