The SL Community Book Club: Lessons In Chemistry... discuss!

Absolutely can’t wait to discuss! I’m a bookseller in London, and this book has been so popular - it’s such a hug of a novel. Happy reading, everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Love a book club.

This is exciting! Just about to get started.

So excited to be a part of this! xxx

Looking forward to starting

I’ve had this book for months! Finally given me the motivation to read it :see_no_evil:

I have been meaning to read this book it’s on my TBR! This gives me a reason for it to be my next book :raised_hands:t2: can’t wait to get stuck in!

This looks exciting!!!

I don’t want to give too many spoilers as I know the book club has only just started, but YOU ARE IN FOR A delicious-like-a-brownie TREAT!

I think what most impressed me about “Lessons in Chemistry” as how real and flawed and silly and clever the characters are, all at the same time - especially Elizabeth and Calvin. This helped me through some plot arcs that in another writer’s hands would be melodramatic. I burned with indignation like an overdone chicken-pot-pie, and I cried like I’d been chopping onions for hours. This is one of my favourite books of 2023.

2 Likes

Love it!

I found the book an easy and interesting read…I can’t wait to start using some of the tips.

1 Like

Really enjoyed this book, such an eye-opening read exploring sexism and discrimination in 1960s. Elizabeth Zott is a captivating character!

1 Like

I really enjoyed this book - such an interesting story and a truly remarkable and memorable main character!

1 Like

I loved this book, quite a history lesson, the characters are very believable, a book that certainly lives up to all the hype. Would make a great film.

1 Like

Started this book last week and loving it so far. Perfect timing… can’t wait for the SL book club!

1 Like

Just bought mine and can’t wait to read it.

I totally loved this book. Very quirky and unique. Zott was an inspiring protagonist to say the least.
A scientist come cookery program host who lost the love of her life. She is outspoken and ahead of her times. A truly excellent read.

1 Like

Great idea! I have ordered the book and cannot wait to start!

I loved every page of this book. How can you not love Elizabeth Zott? Matter of fact, logical, unapologetic and resilient. Just brilliant.

1 Like

Super excited! Just ordered